Dr. Adrian Akhavan DPM, AACFAS
Dr. Adrian Akhavan was born and raised in Cuenca, Spain. He is a graduate of the University of North Carolina (with an emphasis on medical sciences) and Barry Univeristy College of Podiatric medicine in 2007. Dr. Akhavan completed a 3 year surgical residency at Palmetto General Hospital in Miami Florida with an emphasis on reconstructive foot and ankle surgery and trauma of the lower extremity. He is trained in the most current foot & ankle surgical techniques including external fixation, advanced wound care and diabetic limb salvage.
- Palmetto General Hospital
- Hialeah General Hospital
- Palm Springs General Hospital
- Miami Lakes Ambualtory surgical Center
- Memorial Hospital Outpatient Surgical Center
- Board Qualified , Amerikcan Board of Foot and Annkle Surgery
- Associate, American College of Foot & Ankle Surgeons
- Member, Florida Podiatric Medical Association
- Member, American Podiatric Medical Association
More on Dr Akhavan
- Dr. Akhavan is married to Dr Joanna Arroyo Akhavan who also practices podiatric medicine in Miami Florida.
- He is the proud father of an 18 month old son and a 2 year old labrador retreiver.
- Dr. Akhavan and his wife, who was born in Puerto Rico, are both fluent in Spanish and Engish
- Dr. Akhavan joined Podiatry Foot & Ankle Surgical Group in 2010 and is now a Junior Partner in that firm.